As We Move Back into Sunday Morning Worship
West Olive Church’s procedure for Re-opening Sunday Morning Worship
Your Council has prayerfully worked to formulate the following procedure which
will provide comfort and safety to the best of our ability for those who will be
participating in our future worship gatherings.
As we embark upon this re-opening procedure, I am asking you as your pastor to
consider the following found in Philippians 2:3, 4 “Do nothing out of selfish
ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also the interest of
others.” Thank you.
We anticipate re-opening on Sunday May 31, 2020. Service time is 10 am.
1. If you have ANY type of respiratory/flu-like symptoms: fever, headache,
cough, chills, sore throat, nausea, diarrhea DO NOT COME TO THE
CHURCH BUILDING! Thank you.
2. Upon arriving in the church parking lot, please park in “every-other” parking
place. This will assure proper distancing.
3. Masks are not mandatory. However, as Council and your pastor, we are
asking that you please wear one for the benefit of others. We are asking that
you wear your mask when entering the church building and sanctuary as
well as when you are leaving the sanctuary and the church building. NOTE:
Upon finding a place to sit in the sanctuary which provides adequate
distancing, you may remove your mask. At present we anticipate adequate
space to follow this procedure. As our congregation grows, we will adjust
our protocol accordingly. NOTE: We have extra masks if you need one.
4. We recommend that families sit together.
5. To provide adequate spacing in the sanctuary we suggest the following:
Please sit in every-other pew and alternate on the north and south end of the
pews. NOTE: To help you, we will have the pews identified.
6. Hand sanitizer, tissues, and or paper towels will be available as we can
acquire them. We encourage you to come with hand sanitizer, tissues and or
paper towels --- tissues and paper towels to be used if you should have to
cough or sneeze. Thank you.
7. Church bulletins will be available to you by email. Please subscribe with the
Church Bulletin Secretary to receive your weekly copy. Here’s the email:
email@example.com NOTE: We will also have the bulletin
projected on the screen scrolling for you prior to the worship service.
8. We will have an individual open the North and South door as people arrive.
9. There will be no ushers.
10. The coat rack will not be used.
11. There will be NO access to the basement. The upstairs restroom will be
available for use.
12. At this time, we will not be practicing our “Meet & Greet” time during the
worship service. We may however stand and wave at one another.
13. Offering plates will not be passed during the worship service. There will
be a receptacle where you can place the tithes and offerings.
14. There will be no Jr. Church during the worship service. A children’s
message will still be presented.
15. At present we will not have a “Fellowship Time” following the worship
16. When the worship service is finished instructions for exiting the sanctuary
will be given. We anticipate exiting beginning from the back pews and
moving to the front pews alternating from the north side to the south side as
we go striving to keep proper distancing. We ask that you have your mask
on as you exit the sanctuary.
17. When we engage in Communion, a sanitary individually wrapped wafer
and cup of juice will be provided to you.
Dear beloved in the Lord, we find ourselves moving into a new paradigm caused
by this COVID-19 virus. In these troubling and divisive times, we must stay
focused on Jesus and His word and follow Him in obedience. Be encouraged with
these words found in 1 Corinthians 1:10 “I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of
our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be
no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and
Each week we are blessed to receive an encouraging and inspiring Message from the Word of God and challenged to apply it to our personal lives. Below are some great blessing that we as a congregation have been privileged to have experienced together.
On Sunday Morning December 16, 2018 we were privileged to experience our Children's Christmas Program. They did an exceptional job in telling us the story of Jesus's birth. What is so amazing about this program is that the Lord brought these children to us in this last year answering our prayers. Thank you, Lord, for your great gift!!!
On Sunday Morning November 11, 2018 our church family was privileged to honor all of our veterans who so graciously gave their service for our GREAT COUNTRY, especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice!
Each one of our veterans in attendance were celebrated for their service to our country. Thank you veterans for your service!
On Sunday Morning October 7, 2018 we were blessed as a congregation to celebrate the spiritual growth which has been taking place in our congregation as we baptized 9 people!
As a local church we have worked to impact our community engaging in several community outreach events.
Easter Egg Hunt 2018
Over 100 prizes, 4,300 Easter Eggs, 98 children participating, 20 individuals trusted Jesus as their Savior!